On January 28, 2016, Congregation Connect was upgraded to Version 3.2X to better serve your congregation, your mission, and you! This release includes many great enhancements, bug fixes and feature requests. If you have not yet reviewed the release notes, you definitely need to check them out. Additionally, this Release also includes a training video to guide you in this upgrade.
– Increased flexibility in defining the household Contact 1 and Contact 1. Use the “Contact Type” field on the Contact record to define a contact’s status within the household.
– New Visualforce component to display the Bar/Bat Mitzvah Torah Portion. This allows your Contact record page to function as a regular Salesforce page, display custom fields and layouts, and calculate the appropriate Torah portion.
– Meeting Attendee “Date” field auto-populates according to the date entered on the corresponding Meeting record. This saves time on data entry, while ensuring the accuracy of your records.
– Loose Transactions are placed in daily Batches, according to their input interface. At the end of the day, Batches are closed and can be marked to export.
– Many additional options for exporting financial information with the Transaction Exporter have been added. You can choose the fields to include in the export, multiple summary options and even filter on GL Batch dates.
– Some of our great portal enhancements include a new domain name, managing credit cards directly from the portal, the ability to print tax letters by month or year, options to display the Shabbat and Jewish calendar, more field columns available in the “My Finances” page and more!
– You asked for it….we provided it: Portal users can now pay multiple bills in one step!
This Release also removes several fields that are no longer to be used. Please review the fields listed in the release notes and ensure you move any data they may contain.
We are continuously developing and improving Congregation Connect. We look forward to hearing your feedback.